BCEN® CEN® Prep Exams match the blueprint of the CEN exam. The
prep exams conform to the specifications of the CEN exam, both in terms of
content and average difficulty level.
You will have access to this prep exam for 90 days from the date you activate the key.
This Prep Exam contains
50 questions and covers the following content areas:
- Environment and Toxicology Emergencies and Communicable Diseases
Gastrointestinal, Genitourinary, Gynecology and Obstetrical Emergencies
Maxillofacial, Ocular, Orthopedic and Wound Emergencies
Psychosocial and Medical
Representative references for the CEN Prep Exam include the following
The above list is intended to be representative of the type of references used for the CEN exams; it is not a comprehensive list of references as many other sources are consulted.
- Hammon BB, Zimmerman PG (eds).
Sheehy's Manual of Emergency Care. 7th ed. St. Louis MO: Mosby; 2012.
- Sinz E, Navarro K, Soderberg ES (eds). Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support: Provider Manual. Dallas, TX: American Heart Association; 2011.
- Hoyt KS, Selfridge-Thomas J. Emergency Nursing Core Curriculum. 6th ed. St. Louis, MO: WB Saunders; 2007.
- Thomas DO, Bernardo LM (eds). Core Curriculum for Pediatric Emergency Nursing. 2nd ed. Des Plaines, IL: Emergency Nurses Association; 2009.
- Emergency Nurses Association. Trauma Nurse Core Course Provider Manual. 7th ed. St. Louis, MO: Mosby; 2014.
- Howard PK, Steinmann RA (eds). Sheehy's Emergency Nursing: Principles and Practice. 6th ed. St. Louis, MO: Mosby; 2010.
- Chameides L, Samson RA, Schexnayder SM, et al (eds). Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider Manual. Dallas, TX: American Heart Association; 2011.
- Proehl JA. Emergency Nursing Procedures. 4th ed. Philadelphia, PA: WB Saunders; 2008.
- Emergency Nurses Association. Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course Provider Manual. 4th ed. St. Louis, MO: Mosby; 2012.
BCEN makes no guarantees as to the success of a
CEN candidate that has taken the prep exam. Taking the prep exam is not
required to be eligible to sit for the CEN exam.